Electrical Fire Kills Mother of Three

House Fire

House Fire

Here is a story about an electrical fire that killed  the mother of three.  If they had hired Williams Electric, Geoff Williams, Oakland electrician, they would not have died.


The cause of a fire that leveled a family farmhouse and killed a mother of three was electrical, according to the spokeswoman for the County Sheriff’s Department.

Kristina G. Kallstrom, 40, died in the blaze about 3 a.m. from smoke inhalation. Her three children, ages 12 to 5, sought refuge in a Chevrolet Suburban parked outside with one of the family pets.  Kallstrom’s husband, Paul, died last summer of a heart attack.

The three Kallstrom children are now in the care of an aunt and uncle, according to spokeswoman Marian O’Briant.

It appears the fire started in a back bedroom, according to O’Briant. No foul play is suspected.

The fire completely destroyed the two-story house on Webb Roade along the Little River, leaving only two chimneys standing. The Chevrolet also was badly burned.

Firefighters found the children in the vehicle, menacing flames nearby.  The house was engulfed, with the roof caving in.

Attempts to enter the house to rescue Kallstrom were repulsed by flashover flames and the danger of collapse, according to fire authorities.

Kallstrom’s body was recovered later from the house and taken to the Regional Forensic Center in , where cause of death was determined and released Tuesday.

Kallstrom was a full-time student at State Community College, studying music, according to friends. Her primary instrument was flute, and she was active in the church music ministry, singing in the choir and participating in a coming Christmas cantata.

Kallstrom had just been accepted for admission to College to finish her music degree.