Family home survives forest fire and burns up a week later due to electrical violation. Williams electric best of yelp oakland piedmont berkeley montclair hills village


A Springs family working to figure out what comes next. Their home was spared in the Black Forest fire, but then they lost it yesterday in an unrelated house fire.

Just one week after Richard Reynolds and his family were allowed back into their home- a fire not connected to the wildfire destroyed it.
Richard lives in the home on Teachout Road with his wife, three children and his grandparents.

No one was home when the fire started. His grandparents returned from church around 12:30 and called 911.

“All I can say is, I got my family, got God in my life, what else do I need,” Reynolds said.

The fire chief says the initial investigation shows an electrical issue in the living room may have started the fire.  An arc fault breaker, circuit breaker would have prevented this from burning their home, but when your number is up, I guess it’s just up.  IF they had called Williams Electric and put in the right circuit breaker, their house would have gotten hit by an air plane!